IFRS Masterclass 2016
This three day comprehensive workshop focuses on the application of key principles in IFRS including new standards, first-time adoption and recent changes. There will be use of illustrations, model financial statements and real-life case studies to understand the application and impact of these principles.
By end of the workshop, the participants will:
- Obtain knowledge of the key principles in IFRS as applicable to corporates and financial institutions
- Evaluate the impact on financial statements of new standards on revenue, leases and financial instruments, and recent changes to existing standards
- Learn about first-time adoption of IFRS to ensure a smooth transition from local GAAP
- Analyse and interpret IFRS financial statements
- Who is this Course for?
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
The workshop will be useful for preparers and users of financial statements in corporate, financial institutions and accounting firms who would like to understand the application of IFRS or refresh their knowledge of IFRS. This includes:
- Financial analysts
- Financial controller
- Risk managers
- Staff in finance department
- Internal and external auditors
- Consultants and first-time adopters of IFRS
How will this be presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes a facilitative style with a combination of lecture, practical experience in the use of techniques, case studies and a high level of lively debate and sharing of ideas. Delegates will be encouraged to introduce problems of their own for discussion and analysis.